Tuesday 4 June 2013

Spring Fling Reflections

Strange it is all over, Spring Fling seems to have been part of my every waking moment and then it stopped.

Finishing one of many plant supports at Spring Fling

My biggest panic was how close it was to the end of the living willow season and having so few baskets made. Lots of workshops also reduced making time, however that was partly why I wanted to do it, so I could see if it was possible to take on an event this large at this time of year. In the end it worked and showed me what can be achieved in the spaces between workshops and commissions.

Having an exhibition at the CatStrand really upped the pressure, but how rewarding that has been. I carry a head full of ideas for new work which I rarely get chance to progress, this made it happen. So there should be some more interesting designs tumbling out of the workshop this year.

Some Zarzos at the CatStrand Exhibition

We had a great number of visitors at the CatStrand over Spring Fling and I am really grateful for the interest they took in my work and their enthusiasm for the whole event, thank you everyone.

3 comments:

  1. You are very welcome Geoff, it was a pleasure to have you as a participant in Spring Fling. We are not surprised at all at your success over the weekend. Well done! Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah, I think I will build a floating studio which if located at the right spot in the Loch would put me in Dumfries and Galloway!
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to keep busy. Beautiful zarzos!

    ReplyDelete